Explore Helsinki with a Local!
English, Spanish, Japanese, French, Italian & Finnish speaking Locals available - combine sightseeing and interaction with a Local!
Bookings for tours in English in the online booking system or by e-mail, for tours in other languages by e-mail. We answer in all e-mails in English within 24 hours. If you don't get a reply, please check your Spam folder!
Day With A Local - more than a tour guide
Explore Helsinki and its surroundings with a Local!
Day With A Local Helsinki offers personalized, high quality service. The customized private tour with a Local is based on your interests and requests. Lifestyle, culture, cuisine, history, architecture, design, art or nature-based itineraries are all available and can be tailored to your needs. Guests will be met at the cruise port, at the airport or at the hotel lobby. Solo travelers, couples, families and groups of friends are hosted by one Local; groups of 10 or more, by two or more Locals.
Flexibility and interaction with a Local
You are encouraged to ask questions about topics you are interested in. Both walking and using public transportation are part of the experience. The pace is suited to your needs. Accessible and disability friendly services are also available. Optional elements can be added, from food sampling and museum visits, to seasonal activities and room escape games. Also private transportation and dining can be added at an additional cost. Visits to a contemporary artist's studio, libraries and a part of the churches can be included without extra charge.
Have a relaxing day on your holiday
An alternative to the traditional tours, big groups and tourist buses
Accompanied by a Local, you'll have a worry-free visit
This service allows you to make the most of your time in Helsinki. Day With A Local gives a perfect introduction to the city and its surroundings and is an ideal start to a city break or a longer holiday. Multi-day options are available for combining, for instance, a Helsinki city center and local neighborhood visit with a nature excursion and a trip to medieval Porvoo. Any length of a day is possible.
Choose us, and you won't just "follow the umbrella"!
A combination of sightseeing, local lifestyle & interaction with a Local all year round
It's easiest to book online! Online availability for a group of 1 to 8 until 12 hours before in English.
- Ask availability by e-mail for Day With A Local in Japanese, Italian, French, Spanish, Chinese, German and Finnish!
- Start from the airport, cruise port, hotel lobby or any desired location.
- If you'll decide to pay in our online store, you'll save 10-50 euros!
- Different pricing from the airport, outside Helsinki and on public holidays, including Midsummer, Independence Day and Christmas!
- Personalized Day With A Local tour is held for your group only. Your Local will take care of your group and will reply to your questions.
- A group of more than 8 people? No problem! Contact us by e-mail and tell about your group. We'll suggest you a suitable itinerary. Groups of more than 10 people are hosted by 2 or more Locals.
Payment options: Online store (discount pricing), PayPal, cash (euros) and credit card. Receipt is always provided to your e-mail.
Where would You like to meet your Local?
We will meet you in the most convenient location for you: in the port, at the airport, in your hotel lobby, or elsewhere.
Meet your Local in the cruise port | Summer 2017
"We had a very nice day with Liisa while our tour boat was in Helsinki and she adjusted the tour on the spot based on our conversations. It was a very enjoyable day" guest feedback on TripAdvisor, summer 2016
Are you visiting Helsinki for a day on a cruise ship? The best option for cruise passengers is Day With A Local from the port (7 hours). We'll meet you in the port right outside the gates as soon as you're able to exit or at agreed time and we'll make sure you're back on time.
The pricing is the same, no matter which cruise line you're using. We ask about your cruise ship only to be waiting for you in the right place, as there are several ports in the city and on many summer days there are more than one cruise ship in the city.
Day With A Local is organized for you and your group. We don't combine groups on private tours. However if you want to share your day with your new friends on board, that is fine for us. Additional charge applies only when your group is bigger than 8 people. We do strongly recommend you to agree in advance about the day program, to have common interests, and to have a similar pace with each other.
If your group is bigger than 8 people, there'll be an additional charge for extra people attending. Groups which are larger than 10 people are hosted by at least two Locals. Online availability does not apply on big groups. Please send e-mail and ask for availability in advance!
If your cruise stops for a shorter time or you'd like to have free time and return to your ship on your own, you may also start Half Day With A Local (3 hours) right from the port!.
|Recommended option for cruise passengers, total price for group of 1 to 8 incl. VAT 24 % *)
||Paypal, cash or credit card
|Day With A Local from the port (7 hours)
|Additional hour/additional person (needs to be agreed in advance)
|| 60 €
*) The price is for the whole group of 1 to 8. Your public transportation or other methods of transportation, admission fees, food or drinks aren't included. Local's costs are covered unless there are special requests such as fine dining.
Meet your Local at the airport
We meet our stopover/layover guests at the airport. Our guests have enjoyed Day With A Local from the airport for example between flights when coming for example from Lapland, Singapore, Chicago, Tel Aviv and many other cities around the world.
- Stopover Special (5-6 + 7 hours) is our most popular option from the airport where you'll first travel to your accommodation and check in, then have an extended introductory tour in the city followed with a dinner, and the next day Day With A Local customized for you and based on your interests.
- Layover With A Local for 7-8 hours is the full day option from and back to the airport.
- Layover With A Local for 4 hours is the best option, if you've got only a few hours between your flights for highlights of Helsinki in a worry free, relaxed way.
|Recommended options for stopover visitors starting from the airport, total price for group of 1 to 8 incl. VAT 24 % *)||Online store
||Paypal, cash or credit card|
|Stopover Special (5-6 + 7 hours)
|Day With A Local from the airport (7 hours)||445 €||485 €|
|Half Day With A Local from the airport (4 hours)
||295 €||315 €|
|Additional hour/additional person
||60 €||70 €
Meet your Local anywhere in Helsinki city center: in your hotel lobby, at the Central Railway Station, or other preferred meeting point
"We had a very limited amount of time in Helsinki as we were on a flight layover. I saw this brochure in the airport and contacted them right away. #1: I was super impressed at how quickly Liisa replied. She was so helpful and accommodating from her very first response #2: Liisa even met us in our hotel lobby and the time of our choosing! " on TripAdvisor after Introduction To Helsinki With A Local in January 2016
For tours starting anywhere in Helsinki city center, for example from your hotel lobby, please have a look at the following options. We meet our multiple day guests usually in the hotel lobby. Our guests have enjoyed their stay for example in the following hotels in Helsinki: Hotel Haven, Hotel Kämp, Hotel Fabian, Klaus K, Hotel Katajanokka, Hotel Indigo, Glo, Glo Art, Radisson Blu Plaza and Hotel Lilla Roberts.
- Multi-day options, as Two Days With A Local (6+7 hours) gives a chance to combine going around in the city center, exploring also neighbourhoods outside the city center, enjoying different sides of Finnish cuisine and taking part in current events.
- One And Half Days With A Local (3+6 hours) is a good choice if you'd like to have an evening tour on the day of your arrival and explore the city next day more with us.
- Day With A Local (6 hours) is our most popular service. It's a combination of Helsinki highlights and local life that allows you to go off the beaten path.
- Half Day With A Local (3 hours) is the option where you'll visit some Helsinki highlights and you'll learn a great deal of tips that you can use during the rest of your stay.
- Introduction To Helsinki With A Local (1.5 hours) gives you an overall view in the heart of Helsinki within a very limited time.
|Recommended options from anywhere in Helsinki, total price for group of 1 to 8 incl. VAT 24 % *)
||Paypal, cash or credit card
|Three Days With A Local & Dining (6+6+7+2.5 hours)||1085 €||1215 €|
|Two Days With A Local (7+7 hours)
||695 €||775 €|
|One And Half Days With A Local & Dining (4+7+2.5 hours)
||695 €||775 €
|One And Half Days With A Local (3+6 hours)
||485 €||545 €|
|Day With A Local & Dining (6+2.5 hours)
||455 €||495 €|
|Day With A Local (6 hours)
|Half Day With A Local (3 hours)||195 €||215 €|
|Introduction To Helsinki With A Local (1.5 hours) only from Stockmann's or 1 km distance away||105 €||125 €|
|Day With A Local: Nature & Hiking (8 hours)
||435 €||485 €|
|Day Trip to Porvoo With A Local (8 hours) by bus all year round or by boat summertime||435 €||485 €|
|Additional hour/additional person
||60 €||70 €|
Where would You like to go with a Local?
Choose from the following options or create your own combination!
Day With A Local will be customized for you. Any elements can be added or removed according to your wishes.
- Day With A Local: Culture & Cuisine
- Day With A Local: Art & Design
- Day With A Local: History & Architecture
- Day With A Local: Highlights & Shopping
- Day With A Local: Nature & Hiking
- Day With A Local: Lifestyle & Loved By Locals
- Day With A Local: Sauna & Beer Tasting
- Day With A Local: Street Art, Street Food & Urban Nature
- Day With A Local: Off The Beaten Path
- Day With A Local: Create Your Own
Food tasting in the market hall
Urban nature loved by locals at Töölönlahti Bay
National parks, nature reserves, islands
Lammassaari nature reserve is half an hour away from the city center by public transportation. Trip to Nuuksio national park requires the whole day and you can combine a visit to Haltia Nature center. If you want to combine nature and history, choose Seurasaari open air museum as your excursion. Pihlajasaari island is a great island destination, one of the 300 islands in front of Helsinki, and can easily be combined with sightseeing in the city.
Religious buildings, great architecture
Coffee & snacks? Breakfast, lunch or brunch? Casual dinner or fine dining?
We'll take you to coffee shops loved by locals. You can decide yourself what you'd like to eat and which type of place suits you the best. There are no hidden costs - you can choose what you want to eat and you'll pay your purchases directly to the café, restaurant or market hall.
Please inform us about your food diets, allergies and preferences in advance and we'll suggest options which suit you well.
Contact us already today by e-mail or WhatsApp!
Feedback & Contact Form | helsinki(a)daywithalocal.fi | phone and WhatsApp +358 44 4000 404
You will reach us best by e-mail or WhatsApp and we will reply to your message within 24 hours, usually much faster. If you don't receive our message, please check your Spam folder. You can also chat with us on Facebook.
If you try to contact us by phone we may be unable to answer if we are with customers, please send e-mail and we will reply as soon as possible!