Explore Helsinki with a Local!
We provide private tours personalized for you and your group, and public tours and events. The main thing is interaction with a Local: you ask, we tell.
An alternative to the traditional tours, big groups and tourist buses
Choose us, and you won't just "follow the umbrella"!
Helsinki With A Local
private tours are held
for your group only.
Your Local will take care of your group and reply to your questions.
The itinerary is customized for you and there is flexibility in the program during the day if needed. This is the salad buffet of tours: choose 'the toppings' yourself - a program that interests you the most! You don't have to worry about opening hours or the best way to get around, your Local will take care of it all.
We'll walk and use public transportation, as locals do, so you'll see lots of local people during the day and you may blend in.
Also day trips to a nearby destination, such as Nuuksio and Sipoonkorpi national parks and Porvoo mediaval town, are available.
Private tours are available 365 days in a year, price per group of 1 to 8
Price on private tours is per group of 1 to 8. If you'll decide to pay online, you'll save 10-50 euros! There is an additional charge for 9+ people. Your transportation (public transportation 8 €/adult/24 hours in Helsinki), possible admission fees, food or drinks aren't included. Local's costs are covered unless there are special requests such as fine dining.
We're available also on public holidays, as Midsummer Eve, Independence Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year. Please notice that there's different pricing on public holidays.
It's easiest to book online! Online
availability for groups of 1 to 8 until 12 hours before your meeting all year round. Please
send an e-mail for times outside calendar availability or if your group
is 9+ people.
Where would You like to meet your Local?
We will meet you in the most convenient location for you: in the port, at the airport, in your hotel lobby, or elsewhere.
Meet your Local in the port
We'll meet you in the port and make sure you're back on time. Your day will be a combination of Helsinki highlights and local life, all customized according to your interests. Just share with us what you'd enjoy most - nature, culture, art, architecture, history, design, shopping, Finnish cuisine, events, something else? You will discuss and learn about the topics you are interested in, with plenty of time for taking photos and enjoying the atmosphere of the city.
If your cruise stops for a shorter time, you may also start Day With A Local (6 hours) or Half Day With A Local (3 hours) right from the port!
|Recommended option for cruise passengers, total price for group of 1 to 8 incl. VAT 24 % *)
|Day With A Local / Cruise Passenger Special (7 hours)
|Additional hour/additional person (needs to be agreed in advance)
*) The price is for the whole group of 1 to 8. Your public transportation or other methods of transportation, admission fees, food or drinks aren't included. Local's costs are covered unless there are special requests such as fine dining.
Meet your local at the airport
You so very much!!! You were fantastic, both your knowledge &
disposition!! Your disposition - voice & calmness, etc, perfect for a
wide range of clients!"
customer's greetings by e-mail after Stopover Special in September 2015
- Stopover Special (5+6 hours) is our most popular option from the airport where you'll first travel to your accommodation and check in, then have an extended introductory tour in the city followed with a dinner, and the next day Day With A Local customized based on your interests.
- Layover With A Local for 7-8 hours is the full day option from and back to the airport.
- Layover With A Local for 4 hours is the best option, if you've got only a few hours between your flights for highlights of Helsinki in a worry free, relaxed way.
|Recommended options for stopover visitors starting from the airport, total price for group of 1 to 8 incl. VAT 24 % *)||Online price
|Stopover Special (5+6 hours)
|Layover With A Local (7-8 hours)||425 €||465 €|
|Layover With A Local (4 hours)
||275 €||285 €|
|Additional hour/additional person
||50 €||60 €
Meet your Local anywhere in Helsinki: in your hotel lobby, at the Central Railway Station, or other preferred meeting point
"We had a very limited amount of time in Helsinki as we were on a flight layover. I saw this brochure in the airport and contacted them right away. #1: I was super impressed at how quickly Liisa replied. She was so helpful and accommodating from her very first response #2: Liisa even met us in our hotel lobby and the time of our choosing! " on TripAdvisor after Introduction To Helsinki With A Local in January 2016
- One And Half Days With A Local (3+6 hours) is a good choice if you'd like to have, for example, an evening tour on the day of your arrival and explore the city next day more with us.
- Day With A Local (6 hours) is our most popular service. It's a combination of Helsinki highlights and local life that allows you to go off the beaten path.
- Half Day With A Local (3 hours) is the option where you'll visit some Helsinki highlights and you'll learn a great deal of tips that you can use during the rest of your stay.
- Introduction To Helsinki With A Local (1.5 hours) gives you an overall view in the heart of Helsinki within a very limited time.
|Recommended options from anywhere in Helsinki, total price for group of 1 to 8 incl. VAT 24 % *)
|One And Half Days With A Local (3+6 hours)
||445 €||495 €|
|Day With A Local (6 hours)
|Half Day With A Local (3 hours)||185 €||195 €|
|Introduction To Helsinki With A Local (1.5 hours) only from Stockmann's or 1 km distance away||95 €||105 €|
|Day Trip To Porvoo With A Local (7 hours) by bus all year round or by boat summertime||395€||435 €|
|Additional hour/additional person
||50 €||60 €|
Contact us already today
Feedback & Contact Form | helsinki(a)daywithalocal.fi | phone +358 44 4000 404
You will reach us best by e-mail and we will reply to your message within 24 hours, usually faster. If you don't receive our message, please check your Spam folder. You can also chat with us on Facebook.
If you try to contact us by phone we may be unable to answer if we are with customers, please send e-mail and we will call back as soon as possible!
Where would You like to go with a Local?
Public tours from April to December 2016
On our public tours price is announced per person. Tours are held in English on Fridays and Saturdays, rain or shine.
- Welcome To Helsinki Walk on Fridays at 5 pm (2 hours) - On this introductory walk in the city center (2.5 km / 1.5 miles) you will learn how to navitage in Helsinki from a Local's point of view while seeing the heart of the city. You will get a lot of tips for the rest of your stay. Sign up at latest at 4 pm on the day of the tour!
- Helsinki Get Together on Fridays at 7 pm (2.5 hours) - On a 3-stop get together straight after Welcome To Helsinki Walk you'll meet new people in a social and relaxed atmosphere (venues & bars vary). Sign up at latest at 4 pm on the day of the tour!
- Kallio Explorer on Saturdays at 11 am (3 hours) - Visit the area 'on the other side of the bridge', loved by locals for its culture and bohemian lifestyle. Sign up at latest at 11 pm the day before the tour!