Explore Helsinki with a Local!
English, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, French, Italian & Finnish speaking Locals available - combine sightseeing and interaction with a Local!
Personalized Day With A Local tour is held for your group only. Your Local will take care of your group and and will reply to your questions.
The day itinerary is customized for you. Your day will be a combination of Helsinki highlights and local life, all customized according to your interests and pace. There is as much flexibility as needed in the program during the day. Just share with us what you'd enjoy most - nature, culture, art, architecture, history, design, shopping, Finnish cuisine, events, something else? Please tell about your overall interests and we'll suggest an itinerary for you. You will discuss and learn about the topics you are interested in, with plenty of time for taking photos and enjoying the atmosphere of the city!
You don't have to worry about opening hours or the best way to get around, your Local will take care of it all. We'll walk and use public transportation, as locals do, so you'll see lots of local people during the day and you can blend in.
Also day trips to nearby destinations, such as Nuuksio and Sipoonkorpi national parks and Porvoo medieval town, are available.
Bookings for tours in English in the online booking system or by e-mail, for tours in other languages by e-mail. We answer in all e-mails in English within 24 hours. If you don't get a reply, please check your Spam folder!
Have a relaxing day on your holiday
Choose us, and you won't just "follow the umbrella"!
A combination of sightseeing, local lifestyle & interaction with a Local all year round
An alternative to the traditional tours, big groups and tourist buses
Private tours are available 365 days in a year, price per group of 1 to 8
Price on private tours is per group of 1 to 8. If you'll decide to pay in our online store, you'll save 10-50 euros! There
is an additional charge for 9+ people. Your transportation costs (public transportation 8 €/adult/24 hours in
Helsinki), possible admission fees, food or drinks aren't included. Local's costs are covered unless there are special requests such as fine dining.
We're available also on public holidays, as Midsummer Eve, Independence Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and
New Year. Please notice that there's different pricing on public holidays.
Payment options: Online store (discount pricing), PayPal, cash (euros) and credit card. Receipt is always provided to your e-mail.
Where would You like to meet your Local?
We will meet you in the most convenient location for you: in the port, at the airport, in your hotel lobby, or elsewhere.
Meet your Local in the cruise port
"We had a very nice day with Liisa while our tour boat was in Helsinki and she adjusted the tour on the spot based on our conversations. It was a very enjoyable day" guest feedback on TripAdvisor, summer 2016
Are you visiting Helsinki for a day on a cruise ship? The best option for cruise passengers is Day With A Local / Cruise Passenger Special (7 hours). We'll meet you in the port right outside the gates as soon as you're able to exit or at agreed time and we'll make sure you're back on time.
The pricing is the same, no matter which cruise line you're using. We ask about your cruise ship only to be waiting for you in the right place, as there are several ports in the city and on many summer days there are more than one cruise ship in the city.
If you want to share your day with your new friends on board, that is fine for us. Additional charge applies only when your group is bigger than 8 people. However we do strongly recommend you to agree in advance about the day program, to have common interests, and to have a similar pace with each other. You'll need to gather your group, we don't combine groups.
If your group is bigger than 8 people, there'll be an additional charge for extra people attending. Groups which are larger than 10 people are hosted by at least two Locals in general. Online availability does not apply in big groups. Please send e-mail and ask for availability in advance!
If your cruise stops for a shorter time or you'd like to have free time and return to your ship on your own, you may also start Half Day With A Local (3 hours) right from the port! For 4 hours or more, add additional hours.
|Recommended option for cruise passengers, total price for group of 1 to 8 incl. VAT 24 % *)
||Paypal, cash or credit card
|Day With A Local / Cruise Passenger Special (7 hours)
|Additional hour/additional person (needs to be agreed in advance)
*) The price is for the whole group of 1 to 8. Your public transportation or other methods of transportation, admission fees, food or drinks aren't included. Local's costs are covered unless there are special requests such as fine dining.
Meet your Local at the airport
- Stopover Special (5+6 hours) is our most popular option from the airport where you'll first travel to your accommodation and check in, then have an extended introductory tour in the city followed with a dinner, and the next day Day With A Local customized based on your interests.
- Layover With A Local for 7-8 hours is the full day option from and back to the airport.
- Layover With A Local for 4 hours is the best option, if you've got only a few hours between your flightsfor highlights of Helsinki in a worry free, relaxed way.
|Recommended options for stopover visitors starting from the airport, total price for group of 1 to 8 incl. VAT 24 % *)||Online store
||Paypal, cash or credit card|
|Stopover Special (5+6 hours)
|Layover With A Local (7-8 hours)||445 €||485 €|
|Layover With A Local (4 hours)
||275 €||285 €|
|Additional hour/additional person
||50 €||60 €
Meet your Local anywhere in Helsinki: in your hotel lobby, at the Central Railway Station, or other preferred meeting point
"We had a very limited amount of time in Helsinki as we were on a flight layover. I saw this brochure in the airport and contacted them right away. #1: I was super impressed at how quickly Liisa replied. She was so helpful and accommodating from her very first response #2: Liisa even met us in our hotel lobby and the time of our choosing! " on TripAdvisor after Introduction To Helsinki With A Local in January 2016
- Two Days With A Local (6+7 hours) is gives us a chance to combine going around in the city center, exploring also neighbourhoods outside the city center, enjoying different sides of Finnish cuisine and taking part in current events.
- One And Half Days With A Local (3+6 hours) is a good choice if you'd like to have an evening tour on the day of your arrival and explore the city next day more with us.
- Day With A Local (6 hours) is our most popular service. It's a combination of Helsinki highlights and local life that allows you to go off the beaten path.
- Half Day With A Local (3 hours) is the option where you'll visit some Helsinki highlights and you'll learn a great deal of tips that you can use during the rest of your stay.
- Introduction To Helsinki With A Local (1.5 hours) gives you an overall view in the heart of Helsinki within a very limited time.
|Recommended options from anywhere in Helsinki, total price for group of 1 to 8 incl. VAT 24 % *)
||Paypal, cash or credit card
|Two Days With A Local (6+7 hours)
||635 €||685 €|
|One And Half Days With A Local (3+6 hours)
||445 €||495 €|
|Day With A Local (6 hours)
|Half Day With A Local (3 hours)||185 €||195 €|
|Introduction To Helsinki With A Local (1.5 hours) only from Stockmann's or 1 km distance away||95 €||105 €|
|Day Trip to Nuuksio National Park With A Local (7 hours)
||385 €||425 €|
|Day Trip to Porvoo With A Local (7 hours) by bus all year round or by boat summertime||395 €||435 €|
|Additional hour/additional person
||50 €||60 €|
Where would You like to go with a Local?
Food tasting in the market hall
Urban nature loved by locals at Töölönlahti Bay
National parks, nature reserves, islands
Lammassaari nature reserve is half an hour away from the city center by public transportation. Trip to Nuuksio national park requires the whole day and you can combine a visit to Haltia Nature center. If you want to combine nature and history, choose Seurasaari open air museum as your excursion. Pihlajasaari island is a great island destination, one of the 300 islands in front of Helsinki, and can easily be combined with sightseeing in the city.
Religious buildings, great architecture
Coffee & snacks? Breakfast, lunch or brunch? Casual dinner or fine dining?
We'll take you to coffee shops loved by locals. You can decide yourself what you'd like to eat and which type of place suits you the best. There are no hidden costs - you can choose what you want to eat and you'll pay your purchases directly to the café, restaurant or market hall.
Please inform us about your food diets, allergies and preferences in advance and we'll suggest options which suit you well.
Contact us already today
Feedback & Contact Form | helsinki(a)daywithalocal.fi | phone +358 44 4000 404
You will reach us best by e-mail and we will reply to your message within 24 hours, usually faster. If you don't receive our message, please check your Spam folder. You can also chat with us on Facebook.
If you try to contact us by phone we may be unable to answer if we are with customers, please send e-mail and we will call back as soon as possible!
Public tours from April to December 2016
On our public tours price is announced per person. Tours are held in English on Fridays and Saturdays, rain or shine.
- Welcome To Helsinki Walk on Fridays at 5 pm (2 hours) - On this introductory walk in the city center (2.5 km / 1.5 miles) you will learn how to navitage in Helsinki from a Local's point of view while seeing the heart of the city. You will get a lot of tips for the rest of your stay. Sign up at latest at 4 pm on the day of the tour!
- Helsinki Get Together on Fridays at 7 pm (2.5 hours) - On a 3-stop get together straight after Welcome To Helsinki Walk you'll meet new people in a social and relaxed atmosphere (venues & bars vary). Sign up at latest at 4 pm on the day of the tour!
- Kallio Explorer on Saturdays at 11 am (3 hours) - Visit the area 'on the other side of the bridge', loved by locals for its culture and bohemian lifestyle. Sign up at latest at 11 pm the day before the tour!